AXA Insurance are delighted that we are sponsoring Parentline’s 6th Annual National Parents Week which runs from Monday 11th October until Sunday 17th of October.
We know that being a parent these days can be very challenging but help is at hand.
So what is Parentline?
Parentline is a charity that runs the national parent support helpline. Each year around 6,000 parents contact Parentline for support, guidance and information to assist them in their role as a parent or guardian.
What’s happening during this year’s National Parents Week?
There are a range of different events running, including:
- ‘Understanding Drugs - a common sense approach for parents’;
- ‘Looking after yourself” – a morning for parents to explore alternative ways in minding your health
- ‘Raising Responsible, Well Behaved and Happy Children’
To see full details of all the events planned go to www.parentline.ie/events/default.asp
What’s this year’s theme?
The theme for this years event is ‘Families are precious, keep yours safe’. One of the most important times to keep your family safe is on the road. AXA Insurance is heavily associated with road safety and has joined forces with Parentline to recommend some safety tips on the road, at home and for children travelling to school.
AXA recommends the following safety tips:
- Please ensure your child wears their seatbelt at all times. Drivers are liable for 2 penalty points if any child under 17 years of age is not belted up.
- Please make sure you check the area around your car before pulling away or reversing as small children may not be visible through your mirrors.
- Watch for traffic when getting off a bus – never move until the bus has left the stop
AXA discount on booster seats - Through AXA Plus (our customer loyalty programme), all AXA Insurance customers are entitled to a 15% discount off baby and child booster seats. Halfords are also offering a FREE fitting service once purchased.
Special National Parents’ Week Competition
AXA would also like to offer both existing and new customers the chance to win an AXA Leisure Break or free travel insurance for their family. We are asking children of all ages to tell us ‘how their parent /guardian keep them safe’. Entry forms are available throughout our 41 branches nationwide.
Brought to you by AXA Car Insurance Ireland