As you take your first steps in the ‘real world’ outside of school, getting your full drivers licence may well be the next thing on your To Do list.
But if you’re one of the 248,739 learner permit holders on Irish roads, the thought of facing into yet another nerve-wrenching test can be really off putting. In fact, being nervous is the number one cause of people failing their driving test. So what can you do? Well, there are lots of simple things you can do to ease your nerves and give yourself the best possible chance of passing your test:
- Book your test at a location that you feel comfortable to drive in.
- Book a time in the day that suits you the best (morning or afternoon).
- Arrive early at the test centre and relax.
- Remember that no one is a perfect driver and be confident in your abilities.
- Get good nights sleep the day before your test.
- Do plenty of mock driving tests with a registered driving instructor.
- Don’t tell your friends the test date.
- Don’t listen to so called “horror stories”.
- Check your car meets the standards needed to do the test.
Remember the saying “Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!”
Related funny article: Woman passes driving test after 27 years and 450 lessons
Brought to you by AXA Car Insurance Ireland
Check out our great rates online for Young driver car insurance